Service Available to Forum Members
Factsheets are published at the end of each quarter which:
- Provide an update on public service pension developments in the previous three months, particularly addressing any new relevant circulars (issued by Department of Finance, DPER or any relevant agency) and their impact on schemes.
- Focus on any issues of interest that have arisen in the course of the previous year
- May include a case study or case studies of interest, e.g. Family law Acts, Professional Added Years, Purchase of Notional Service etc.
These Seminars provide a forum for Semi-State Bodies and Agencies to discuss common issues/problems associated with public service pensions administration and to develop/strengthen links between bodies
A password controlled webpage has been established and maintained within the existing IPA website which allows Forum members access to all relevant documentation.
This dedicated webpage:
- Contains Department of Finance/DPER circulars dealing with recent developments in the field of Public Sector Pensions, together with electronic versions of the Factsheets mentioned above and, where available, Seminars presentations
- Acts as a catalyst for ensuring the relevance of the topics covered at the Seminars as Forum members are invited to submit queries of a general (rather than specific) nature which may be worthy of discussion. The final decision on topics for inclusion in the Seminars reflects the majority interest and extent of relevance/impact on the Forum membership as a whole
- Provides notification of dates of events
- Provides a written summary of all issues discussed at the Seminars.