Background to IPA Pensions Forum for Non-commercial Semi-state and Related Bodies
In 2005, the Institute of Public Administration (IPA) established a Members-only Pensions Forum exclusively for non-commercial Semi State & related Bodies and Agencies. This initiative responded directly to some of the needs of the relevant Bodies, resulting from an analysis of questionnaires completed by representatives of these Bodies at a Seminar organised by the IPA on May 3st 2005.
What this Forum Includes:
- Attendance to two relevant pensions seminars each year in May and November
- A co-ordinated approach to keeping pensions administrators in touch with new developments in public service pensions
- An opportunity for informed discussion of pertinent pensions issues and interaction with other pensions administrators through bi-annual seminars
- Access through the IPA website to background pensions material and supporting documentation, e.g. Facts-sheets, Circular Letters etc.
- Assistance with the roll-out of the detail of the Pensions Reforms agreed by the Government in late 2004.
What this Forum Excludes:
- It does not directly engage in the resolution of individual cases
- It does not purport to provide hands-on-expert assistance or to provide an on-line help service
- It is not a substitute for existing pensions administration resourcing.
Membership of this Forum provides enhanced opportunities for pensions administrators to establish links with and discuss/exchange pertinent pensions issues with peers in other relevant organisations. This on-going opportunity for open communication provides opportunities for the strengthening of links between Forum members.
The forum membership fee is €1,500 per annum and the membership year starts on May 1st. Forum membership allows one person from each organisation to attend events included in the annual fee. Additional staff are welcome to attend the seminars for a fee of €175 per person per event.
Service Providers and Facilitators
The specialist expertise for this Pensions Forum is provided by pension experts from Public Authority Pension Services Ltd.
The Forum is managed by Dr Nicolas Marcoux, Senior Governance Specialist, IPA assisted by Sarah MacCarthy.